The North Columbia Monthly
Your Getaway Guide to Northeastern Washington
Visitor, Recreation & Travel Info
Events in Northeastern Washington
How To Submit Your Event to What's Happening
Selected Poems by
Not Fit To Print
How to Submit Your Community Event to What's Happening
We want to run your current community announcements and will be glad to do so for free on a space-available basis -- if whoever handles the publicity for your organization will keep us up to date.
In the past, we agreed to run certain announcements continuously on the understanding that the sponsoring organization would keep us updated when changes occurred. Unfortunately, over time some of the listings have become outdated. So, we will no longer run an event listing continuously until the end of time, and are asking for your help in making sure that future What's Happening listings are fresh, accurate and up to date.
If you handle publicity for your nonprofit, church, youth group, arts group, historical group, club or other community group, please follow these simple guidelines:
* Email the announcement that you want to run in the upcoming issue by the third Tuesday of the month. Our address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply (usually on Fridays) to let you know that your announcement has been received.
* Keep it short (about 75 words). We only have room for the basics: a concise "teaser" to engage the reader's interest, and who, what, where, when, why, and how much, plus your contact information.
* Write well. The announcement should come to us exactly as you wish it to appear in print, using clear, grammatically correct sentences. We don't have time to edit, nor can we write the listing for you. Time is just too short.
We'll be happy to run your announcement if space is available in our next print edition, and will run all the listings online as well, at which time the listings will be deleted.
Businesses should contact us about paid advertising.
Increase Your Exposure with a Featured Events Listing
List your classes and events in our new "Featured Events" section! It's FREE if you place a display ad of any size and just $12.50 for a "Featured Events" listing alone. The North Columbia Monthly has always been a great way to promote your classes and events, with
* 7-8,000 loyal readers
* coverage throughout Ferry, Stevens and Pend Oreille counties
* complementary copies in Spokane, Spokane Valley, Airway Heights, Sandpoint, Bonners Ferry and Nelson, B.C.
* a long shelf life. Your ad is on display all month long!
Now we're sweetening the pot with our new "Featured Events" section in What's Happening, our ever-popular and much-read calendar of events. We'll place your listing for classes and events on a color page in the center of the magazine to give it greater visibility. And we won't charge a thing for the service, if you also place an ad of any size to advertise the same classes or events. Can't afford a display ad right now? No problem! Place a listing in "Featured Events" for just $12.50.
Inquire at email@example.com.